Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Sweater Weather










It's finally that time of year when we all dig up our favorite sweaters! Now, it's not exactly riding boot weather yet where I live-which is a dissapointment, but I can wear my favorite flats without my feet turning to ice cubes.  I'm probably one of the few people who is not a huge fan of fall because I ALWAYS get sick. It hasn't happened yet, but everyone else in my family are not feeling so hot. Don't get me wrong, I love apple picking and pumpkin picking, and my absolute favorite candy ever CANDY CORN!
What I wore today was perfect for this nice fall day! I love mixing patterns! I used to be so scared to do it, but if you act like you know that it looks good, then other people will believe it (even if you're not so sure). The trick to pattern mixing is taking a smaller print, and mixing it with a bigger print, like how I did the smaller checkered shirt with the bigger polka dots! If the colors are the same or in the same family, it makes your combination look more believable. Of course a statement necklace will give you a finished and polished look! I kept the rest of my jewelry simple; I wore pearl earrings and the ring I wear everyday. So originally I was not wearing this skirt. I had on some medium wash skinny jeans! BUT I hate jeans, I seriously only wear jeggings because they are 20 thousand times more comfortable. I came home and had to quickly figure something else out to wear since I had to leave to go to class! I'm so glad I decided on this "fluffy" skirt! It really pulled the outfit together! Plus my shoes had poufs on top? There's nothing better!
Happy Fall!
xo, Halston
Button-down-borrowed from my brother ;)
Sweater-Old Navy
Skirt-Wal-Mart(yes...I think it was when Miley Cyrus had a line there!)
Flats-Aldo
PS.- This song is called "Sweater Weather" by The Neighbourhood so I kind of love it! Sweater Weather

No comments:

Post a Comment